ANTH& 106 - American Mosaic
This course will explore contemporary American life through various cultural phenomena. Students learn core anthropological theories to make sense of race, gender, class and the “other,” and they explore historical processes from which these cultural notions have emerged and evolved.
General education distribution area: Social Science.
- Define key concepts, such as culture, power and gender.
- Understand various phenomena within American culture, such as the media portrayal of immigrants.
- Appreciate cultural diversity.
- Analyze the intersections of various cultural categories, such as race and class.
- Read scholarly works carefully and critically.
- Use basic research skills.