Certificate of Completion: 83 credits
Enrollment Point: Fall, Winter, or Spring
This program prepares students for entry level positions to regulate and maintain equipment such as boilers, chillers, heat pumps, generators, and turbines used in large buildings to supply heat, air conditioning, ventilation or power. This training program also prepares students to pass boiler operator licensing and refrigeration licensing tests.
Program Learning Outcomes:
- Apply mathematical principles to problems commonly faced by stationary engineers.
- Communicate effectively in writing and verbally with co-workers, supervisors, and tenants.
- Exhibit the interpersonal and human relations skills necessary to fulfill the expectations of the employer.
- Gather and use information from a variety of architectural and mechanical prints, technical manuals, codes, and manufactures specifications.
- Maintain the integrity of building, fire and life safety systems.
- Operate, repair, maintain, and troubleshoot building, boiler, refrigeration and electrical control systems by properly using tools and technology.
Please note that this is an apprenticeship program.