Certificate of Completion: 42 credits
Enrollment Point: Fall, Winter, or Spring Quarter (Fall preferred). Consult program instructor or counselor for details.
This three-quarter program is a follow-on to the Field Surveying Technician certificate program. This program emphasizes professional land surveying practices to enable graduates to continue their careers toward their Professional Land Surveyor licenses. Students train on the industry’s most popular software for survey reduction, coordinate geometry and drafting. This is an online program adaptable to on-ground instruction, with special time set aside for in-person labs and on-campus proctored tests.
To earn a Land Surveying - Geospatial Science Associate of Applied Science Degree, the student must complete all requirements for the Land Surveying Technician certificate program plus all requirements for the Field Surveying Technician certificate program and 15 credits of General Education.
Transfer credit from other institutions is considered upon validation of transcript and course work.
Program Learning Outcomes:
- Perform measurements using a 4-dimensional geodetic framework.
- Analyze and adjust geospatial measurements to a professional standard.
- Describe the surveyor’s key role in locating land boundaries, occupation and title.
- Practice a professional code of ethics.
- Assemble and present geospatial information on a full variety of platforms.