Associate of Applied Science Degree: 139 credits
Enrollment Point: Fall, Winter, Spring, or Summer Quarter
The Commercial Building instruction areas include refrigeration and building systems, boiler operations, and hazardous waste management. Students learn to regulate and maintain heating, cooling, and ventilation systems for commercial buildings. An emphasis is placed on practical experience and hands-on training whenever possible. This program is a recognized “School of Technology” by the cities of Seattle and Tacoma advisory boards.
Program Learning Outcomes:
- Apply mathematical principles to problems commonly faced by commercial building and industrial engineers.
- Communicate effectively in writing and verbally with co-workers, supervisors, and tenants.
- Exhibit the interpersonal and human relations skills necessary to fulfill the expectations of the employer.
- Gather and use information from a variety of architectural and mechanical prints, technical manuals, codes, and manufactures specifications.
- Maintain the integrity of building, fire and life safety systems.
- Operate, repair, maintain, and troubleshoot building, boiler, refrigeration and electrical control systems by properly using tools and technology.