Associate of Applied Science - Transfer Degree: 102-107 credits
Enrollment Point: Winter Quarter
This program provides entry level training leading to an Associate of Applied Science-Transfer Degree (AAS-T). Curriculum is based on the American Society of Anesthesia Technologists and Technicians (ASATT) standards and guidelines. Course work includes the following: medical terminology, pharmacology, EKG analysis, anesthesia equipment principles and applications, and general medical knowledge. Included in the program are intensive clinical experiences in local area hospitals.
Program Learning Outcomes:
- Assume the role of a competent, caring Anesthesia Technologist in a variety of healthcare settings under the direct supervision of the licensed healthcare provider.
- Demonstrate the principles of basic and advanced airway management in all phases of the perioperative episode of care.
- Demonstrate critical thinking skills; prioritizing, analyzing, anticipating, resolving problems and acting instinctively and decisively in the anesthesia health care environment.
- Demonstrate accountability of practice with adherence to ethical and legal standards of the Anesthesia Technologist profession.
- Communicate effectively in the perioperative healthcare environment with all members of the healthcare team.
- Demonstrate rationale and competency with regard to anesthesia related equipment.