Associate of Applied Science - Transfer Degree: 90 credits
Enrollment Point: Fall, Winter, or Spring Quarter
This program builds upon the fundamental skills learned in the Accounting Paraprofessional program. This program provides additional training in specialized areas including managerial/cost accounting, governmental and non-profit accounting, federal and state business taxes, and additional studies of business law. Students enrolled in the Accounting Specialist program earn an Associate of Applied Science-Transfer (AAS-T) degree.
Program Learning Outcomes:
- Communicate verbally and in writing with customers, colleagues and vendors.
- Differentiate and identify skill-appropriate issues.
- Identify and categorize data, and record financial transactions.
- Practice ethical and professional behavior.
- Compile and organize and record data according to GAAP and/or government regulations.
- Analyze and summarize financial Information.
- Perform functions of accounting clerk or paraprofessional when required.
- Exercise professional judgment with minimal supervision when applying accounting principles.