Associate of Applied Science Degree: 90 credits
Enrollment Point: Fall Quarter
This program builds upon the fundamental skills learned in the Accounting Clerk program. This program provides additional training in specialized areas including small business accounting, income tax preparation, partnership and corporation accounting, financial applications, and also provides an introduction to business law as it relates to the business environment.
To earn an Associate of Applied Science degree, the student must complete all requirements for the certificate program as well as 30 credits of additional accounting and General Education coursework. Transfer credit from other institutions is considered upon validation of transcript and course work.
Program Learning Outcomes:
- Communicate verbally and in writing with customers, colleagues and vendors.
- Differentiate and identify skill-appropriate issues.
- Identify and categorize data, and record financial transactions.
- Practice ethical and professional behavior.
- Perform functions of accounting clerk when required.
- Compile and organize and record data according to GAAP and/or government regulations.
- Analyze and summarize financial Information.