Associate of Applied Science - Transfer Degree: 116 credits
Enrollment Point: TBD
The Nursing Program at Renton Technical College prepares students for employment as registered nurses in a variety of health care environments in the surrounding community. Students who successfully complete the program will receive an Associate in Applied Sciences-Transfer (AAS-T) degree and be eligible to take the National Council Licensure Examination for Registered Nurses (NCLEX-RN) exam. The program also prepares students to transfer to an RN-BSN program after obtaining the RN license.
A concept based curriculum supports students from varied backgrounds by relating new ideas to previously acquired knowledge in an engaging and supportive environment. Students are provided with many opportunities to acquire the necessary critical thinking skills for practice as Registered Nurses in the dynamic healthcare environment. Nursing students will be equipped to provide safe, comfort-oriented, culturally-sensitive nursing care that meets the highest professional standards and serves a diverse population. This includes the utilization of nursing informatics and information technology to provide optimal, evidence-based nursing care now and throughout their career.
Program Learning Outcomes:
- Provide safe and competent care to clients, families, and groups utilizing current best practices in client care.
- Apply critical thinking and clinical reasoning through the nursing process in client care.
- Provide comfort-oriented and evidence-based nursing care within the legal and ethical standards of practice.
- Employ culturally sensitive and therapeutic communication skills with clients and families.
- Practice professional behaviors of collaboration, advocacy, maintaining of on-going knowledge base, and evaluation of own practice.
- Utilize nursing informatics and information technology to support and communicate the planning, provision, collaboration, and management of client care.