Certificate of Completion: 32 credits
Enrollment Point: Fall or Winter Quarter
This certificate covers navigating and coordinating care in health and human services systems. Incorporated in the certificate are factors affecting patients such as chronic disease, behavioral health, wellness and patient activation and engagement. Communication strategies such as patient/client coaching, motivational interviewing, and health literacy are covered. Diverse patient experience, decision support, and advocacy will be explored. Relevant case studies and applied learning strategies are used to build skills and knowledge.
A Certificate of Completion is awarded upon successful completion of core course requirements.
Transfer credit from other institutions is considered upon validation of transcript and course work.
Program Learning Outcomes:
- Locate and evaluate patient resources.
- Learn strategies for working with the healthcare team.
- Learn communication strategies for building effective client relationships.
- Model ethical behavior.
- Assess client readiness to make health decisions.
- Learn basic concepts of motivational interviewing.
- Maintain patient confidentiality under HIPAA regulations.