Certificate of Completion: 40 credits
Enrollment Point: Fall, Winter, or Spring Quarter
This program prepares students for work as a field surveying technician, starting with technician and advancing to crew chief. Students learn field survey techniques, calculation and office skills through extensive hands-on training using a variety of up-to-date instruments, including total stations with data collectors, hand-held calculators and computers. Group projects in the classroom and in the field develop both experience and leadership skills. Projects involve all aspects of work, from planning, measuring and presentation of results.
Transfer credit from other institutions will be considered upon validation of transcript and course work.
Program Learning Outcomes:
- Participate fully in field crew activities.
- Be an effective team member.
- Communicate effectively in written form.
- Solve applied math problems.
- Prepare complete field records.
- Participate fully in data processing.