Certificate of Completion: 70 credits
Enrollment Point: Fall Quarter (or instructor permission)
Prepare for careers in construction management as a project manager, superintendent, estimator, safety officer, and other administrators. Students learn estimating, scheduling, project management, human resources management, and other skills that are critical in the construction management field. Students can enroll on a part-time or full-time basis, and can earn a certificate of an Associate of Applied Science (AAS) degree.
Program Learning Outcomes:
- Create schedules and budgets from estimating plans that can be used to keep projects running smoothly.
- Demonstrate leadership and problem solving skills in diverse and complex work situations.
- Demonstrate responsibility for safety and productivity measures in construction management settings.
- Determine personnel, material, and contractor resources necessary to manage construction projects.
- Synthesize information from building codes, plans and specifications, and other pertinent industry resources.
- Write bids, manage contracts and other construction management documents in accordance with industry best practices.