Associate of Applied Science Degree: 130 credits
Enrollment Point: Fall Quarter
Ford ASSET is a joint effort of Ford Motor Company, Renton Technical College, and a sponsoring Ford or Lincoln dealership. The ASSET program utilizes specific periods (approximately nine weeks) of classroom/lab instruction alternating with specific periods of full-time work experience at a Ford or Lincoln dealership.
Technical training on Ford automotive products is provided in all Automotive Service Excellence (ASE) repair areas plus specific Ford Motor Company Service Technician Specialty Training certification courses and covers the latest development of Ford technology including: engines, fuel management, electronics, transmission/transaxles, brake systems, and air conditioning.
The program applies, in a real work setting, what a student learns during the previous instructional session. The student becomes familiar with the dealership environment and the organizational structure while developing competencies that are expected of a professional automotive technician.
Program Learning Outcomes:
- Diagnose and repair vehicles to NATEF and Ford certification standards.
- Use technical service materials, printed or online, to analyze and determine proper repair procedures for Ford vehicles.
- Perform warranty repairs using the proper tools and software as per Ford specifications.
- Troubleshoot vehicle systems using logical, traceable steps that lead to identification of the root cause of malfunction.
- Communicate effectively in oral or written form within the environment of a Ford dealership.
- Model professional and ethical behavior in all aspects of automotive repair interactions.