CMST& 101 - Introduction to Communication
In this course students study the fundamentals of the communication process and apply them to personal and workplace relationships. Emphasis is on applying communication theory to interviewing, small group communications and public speaking. Students are required to prepare and give oral presentations.
General education distribution area: Humanities.
- Explain the complex impact of communication on our daily lives.
- Work effectively in groups.
- Demonstrate effective presentation skills with a wide variety of speeches.
- Analyze audiences to identify a choice of speaking style.
- Apply the principles of conflict resolution and disagreement to communication scenarios.
- Employ characteristics, skills, and behaviors of effective listening.
- Articulate cultural influences and differences as well as similarities in communication.